What would you say if I told you that NO FLOUR, NO SUGAR, NO EGGS and NO OIL Chocolate Chip Cookies are delicious? Are you skeptical? Don't be. These cookies will fool even the diehard cookie lover. And this recipe will definitely be a more healthy choice, especially for those who cannot tolerate flour, processed sugar, eggs and want to cut down on oils.
A couple of my friends posted this recipe on facebook this morning and I just had to give it a try. They are quick to whip up and are, as I said, very, very tasty!
Would you like the recipe? You know you do! Here it is and I hope you'll give it a try.
Flour, Sugar, Egg and Oil Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups canned chickpeas (rinsed well and patted dry on paper towels)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (90 grams) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients except for the Chocolate Chips in a food processor and process until very smooth. Check to be sure there are no lumps of chickpeas. Process completely
- Add chocolate chips and stir in to the processed mixture (or pulse a few times to combine). The batter will be very thick and sticky
- Wet your fingers and form the batter into 1 1/2" balls and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Press very lightly with the back of a spoon if you'd like these to be more cookie shaped. They don't rise much or spread much.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Yield 2 dozen cookies
I hope you'll give these a try and tell me what you think. With this being a holiday weekend in the United States, you might want to take these along to a picnic or family get together. Especially if there will be those who would enjoy a sweet treat but cannot eat foods with flour, eggs, sugar or oil.
Until next time,
Parties I'm posting in: